Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I'm SuperMom...

Here's a shout-out to my friend who is living in Istanbul: Happy Birthday, Aimee!!

Status: I've already run to the dry cleaners and TWO stores. And it's not even 9 o'clock yet...

Okay, I'm Supermom. Why? I just carried FOUR gallons of milk, PLUS one super-sized Tropicana orange juice in my arms all the way from the car in the garage to the kitchen. (I think my right wrist might need a splint now, but hey! I'm Supermom!)

Yeah. Whatever.

I superSUCKED last night at writing. 600 words. Hubby tied me to the sofa with duct tape and forced me to watch DEXTER with him.

Okay, so he didn't "force" me to do it, I went willingly. But it sounds better when a low word count ISN'T your fault...
I am at THE BIG SCENE. I've been looking forward to writing this one for about...hmmm, a year and a half. It's the scene that inspired me to write the novel in the first place. Not that I'm excited or anything. (You couldn't tell, could you?)

I've got to get my writing in today during the day, because we have Cubs tonight. With the trek to the church, we are back pretty late. And I'll be pooped. So I'll get my words in during the baby's nap. Thank heaven I already got all the "Easter Week" groceries. We're set! So I can stay in today and write.

Time to do the "Captain Feathersword Dance" with The Wiggles and Baby!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

You really ARE SuperMom, even if you think you're not. ;)

I'm jealous you get to write during the day. hehehe

Aimee said...

Thanks for the shout out and comment on my blog. Eat a ham sandwich for me today, okay?

Happy writing...can I be a reader again? And any word from publishers on Garden?