Thursday, March 06, 2008

I Can See Clearly Now...

Status: Just having breakfast. It's been a busy morning already.
I got contacts yesterday. Thing Two is in glasses now (he's quite handsome!) and I decided I was tired of glasses. Here is a self-photo I took last year with my cell phone--you can see the glasses I've had for three years. I kind of like my glasses, but it's time for a change:So this morning I put my contacts in, did my hair, makeup, etc., and went to my son's parent/teacher thingy at the school. It was TONS better without the glasses on my face--and I could wear my ultra huge sunglasses that I love (that AREN'T prescription) in the car.


So, I think I'm liking the contacts! Much better! And I look more like myself. I ran into an old friend in Denver in 2006 and he didn't recognize me at first! GLASSES!!!

Hubby freaked me out a little this morning. He said a bomb went off in NYC two blocks from his hotel at 4am. I was like WTH??? A Bomb?? AS in, terrorism? This is not cool! I am going to scan the news to see what I can find when I'm done posting.

You can see my word count on EMMA2 is creeping along...I am getting my daily goals in and it feels great! I just need to keep the momentum up

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're beautiful with or without glasses!

It is amazing what a little change can do for your psyche.

B3 (age 13) has to go to the eye doctor in April. Glasses and contacts (for sports). Can you say cha ching?!

Lara said...

Aw, thanks! We're doing the same thing for Thing One at the end of this month. Glasses and contacts for sports. She's getting into Softball after soccer. CHA CHING!!!

Michelle Miles said...

LOOK AT YOU! You're so cute! :)

Scary thing about the bomb. I haven't heard ANYTHING about it on the news.

And good on ya for writing!

Aimee said...

You know I did the glasses, then I did the contacts, and four years ago I did LASIK. Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! Of course, you've got to get over the whole Laser-Beam-In-The-Eyeball horror. But I'm still seeing 20/15 four years later. No regrets. (P.S. - I showed my daughters your 1989 yearbook photo today--you're still looking great!) Thanks for the recent photo of yourself!

Colin Galbraith said...

I went the other way....I got contacts when I was younger and eventually got fed up of them, so I switched back to specs. Nowadays, I only wear my contacts on special occasions...

Lynn Sinclair said...

Now, you must post a pic of yourself with the contacts! I gave up wearing contacts when I became a stay-at-home mom -- my cat's fur seemed to always work its way between the contacts and my eyeballs.