Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Gotta Work Today...

It's a little strange, ALL the surrounding schools are closed again today, except the school my kids go to. It's the only one having classes. But I guess it's good, because I am scheduled to work 10-3 today, and if I called out again, they'd probably not like me very much. Although there is something about working 10-3 that sucks. It's like the WHOLE day is gone when I'm done.

I am making the kids dress in layers on layers, and I am DRIVING them to school. It's still bitterly cold, and my kids are NOT waiting at a bus stop. Luckily, by the time school gets out, it will have warmed up to about 11 degrees. MUCH better than the 13 below yesterday!

Okay, this weather talk is bumming me out. I am happy to report I only had to get up three times in the night...

Okay, the Being Pregnant talk is bumming me out, too.

So we have a big walkthrough at work today, I'm sure it will look spectacular. That store is still kind of "hidden" so not a lot of shopper traffic. It always looks perfect. But the whole "on my feet thing" for five hours...

Okay, the work talk is bumming me out.

Do I have anything FUN to talk about? Hmmm, well, we got our popcorn yesterday. It's these cool packets with three pockets, one full of popcorn, one full of powder (that looks suspiciously like Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Powder) and another long packet full of what can only be described as yellow SLUDGE. Here is a pic:

You turn on the popcorn cart, wait about five minutes until it's steaming, then rip the top across all three pouches and dump them in simultaneously. Then, it sizzles for a minute or two and VOILA! Suddenly oodles of yummy, buttery, salty popcorn comes pouring out all over the inside of the cart.
Hubby and I tested it out last night, and it tasted FABULOUS. I guess the yellow sludge really works! So we grabbed some popcorn, only to discover that when we sat down to watch our weekly DVR'd show "Heroes" --for some reason it HADN'T RECORDED!!! (Apparently if you're recording two programs simultaneously you have to be watching one of them (or at least have the channel tuned to one of them) or the other won't record. So, we got "24" but NO HEROES.
I am very very bummed out about that. Anyone know where I can watch or download last nights episode? :-(

Okay, I'd better stop, this post is bumming me out.

Into the shower I go...

3 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

I'm worried about you. Try not to overdo it.

I think you can watch the current episodes on the network's website. Check it out. And you CAN record two shows at once and watch another one - but you need a dual-tuner.

Unknown said...

You can buy the episode on iTunes, too. Only $1.99!

Lowa said...

Girl! When are you going to quit working at that store?? Aren't you done soon??

Hey, remember you e-mailed me about Thing One's hair a few years ago?? Because I needed advice with Princess's hair?? Would you mind e-mailing me the info on your popcorn thing-a-ma-bob also?? My friend and her hubby have been looking for a cool popcorn thing like your's for their home theatre and I was hoping you could give me some info, if that's ok?? I lost your e-mail address and am too sick and delirious at the moment to figure out if I can contact you from your blog here, which I am sure I can! LOL


Also, why do I have the notion that you are Irish??