Monday, February 12, 2007

Eh.

It's snowing quite heavily right now. We got about 4-5 inches overnight, and the school bus was late. I had the forsight to take my kids to the stop in the car, all the other poor kids were out there freezing their butts off.

The weekend was quiet. With Hubby out of town, we usually have a much slower pace. And we eat whatever we want for dinner! One of my neighbors from two houses back, Nipa, she would do the same thing with her kids. When Dad traveled, they would have French Toast for dinner, or pancakes, or some sort of breakfast food.
So it's good to know that I'm not the only one who does that! I mean, why not have a FUN dinner?

Lots to do today, and I'm tired. I stayed up late chatting (it was fun though!) with a writer friend and of course Thing Three got up at 1am and asked me if he could have cereal. He thought it was morning. So I'm all messed up this morning. But lack of sleep has become part of my life now, I just need to forge ahead. Not like I'm going to GET sleep when this baby is born! (Although Hubby is taking a week off when the little Nipper comes out and you KNOW I'm going to let him have one or two nights where I SLEEP!)

Well it's time to get ready for work. I discovered my new favorite treat last night--Postum and Almond Biscotti. I got some at World Market over Christmas and it is Soooooo good! (Yes, I am just getting around to trying it). I'll have to stock up. There's nothing more fun than a pot of postum and a little plate of biscotti on a tray while I'm writing in my office. A great cure for the Winter Blahs, which I seem to have in spades, lately.

I was going to wash the car today, because it's warmed up to 25 degrees. But with the addition of snow, it looks like washing would be futile. DANG IT. My poor white-encrusted car. Will it ever be able to show it's true colors?

...Who am I kidding? I probably won't be able to wash it until MARCH.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You're more optimistic than I am. I was thinking more like JUNE when I can wash my car again. :(

Luckily for me, Derrick likes breakfast anytime, so we do that a lot. Except we had a crisis this weekend: we ran out of syrup. And not just any syrup--Golden Griddle. Which you can only find at Piggly Wiggly. And I just haven't made it up to Cedarburg to get some more yet. Derrick is SO DARN PICKY about his syrup!!! Mrs. Butterworth's is just fine!

Anonymous said...

Lara, I forgot what my car is supposed to look like because we had a similar lack of opportunity to wash it. It was shocking to walk outside the other day and see it clean! Good luck!

Michelle Miles said...

Hey at least it's 25 degrees right? And I needed the chat last night. Even though it was well after midnigt before I fell asleep. So am tired today too. Don't work too hard today :)

Cassaundra said...

Staying up 45 min. past my 9pm bedtime has never been so worth it...then again, it is monday, and 'Heros' is on..hmm. KIDDING (sort of)Glad you finally stayed on long enough to chat!