Monday, June 12, 2006

Monday Schmlunday...

Ah, what a good weekend. Relaxing, fun, and now Hubby is gone for two days in Cali and I have all the kids at home. BLEAH.

Actually, we might not be doing much today. Thing Three woke up with a high fever and a sore throat (had the sore throat last night and was "warm" so I gave him medicine, but this morning, full-on fever) so I can't go jogging at the park, and we won't be going to T-ball practice, clearly. Especially since the weather forecast says we'll be having severe thunderstorms and large HAIL tonight. Fun. I'm going to let the kids hang out at home with me and we'll watch movies and do crafts. AND spray everything with Lysol along the way...

Oh well. Life goes on.

I got some new information on my quest for info about Mary Newman Drake. I wrote directly to the University of Plymouth (they have a Mary Newman Building for Pete's sake!) and they just got back with me, and gave me all the info they had on her.
I am just ITCHING to take a research trip to Saltash, Cornwall! Alas, I won't get there for at least a year. It will take some SERIOUS finagling to accomplish it. But I will try. Yes, I will definitely try.

I have lots to do this week--I have the family reunion at our house in a couple of weeks. I'm going to hire someone to clean the house before they come, but for now I have to clean out closets, stock bathrooms with towels, etc. It will be a major undertaking, but it will be nice to have everyone together. I can handle anything for a week.

I am itching to write. Tonight, I'm going to make some SERIOUS headway on my EMMA story! I am struggling for a really good name for her adopted brother. Any suggestions? Last name is Roy. Emma and (BLANK) Roy. HELP!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have no idea why, but the first name that popped into my head was Victor. Where did that come from???

Lara said...

Either you've just seen "Underworld Evolution" or "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire."

;-)