Friday, June 09, 2006

It Worked! It WORKED!

The Pool from Hell is patched and filled and ready to go. OF COURSE as soon as I filled it yesterday mean-looking clouds rolled in (we're talking immediately after I filled it, here) and it began to pour. Eh.

Today is promising to be clear and hot again, so we just might get to use it. Today is a pretty quiet day--Thing Two has swimming lessons at noon and then we have been invited to our friends' house for dinner. Our kids are their kids age, so it should be a fun night.
That's what I love about here. A lot of the people are our age with about the same number of kids, whereas we didn't have that where we lived before.

I have to start focusing on THE family get-together that's happening in a couple of weeks. Hubby's family is descending (or rather ascending) here for the first week of July, and we will have 20 people at our house--six of them children under the age of five. Luckily we have room for them, but it will still be interesting.
I think I'll have the cleaning people over here before they come. Less stress for me. Of course most of the stress will be that I have to single-handedly plan their entertainment and schedule. Hubby's family is all about schedules. They need to know exactly what we're doing and where we're going on the hour, by the hour. So I have to work on the schedule this weekend and plan it out. Fun for me.

We've got a busy weekend, with swimming lessons and a birthday party and we promised the kids we'd see CARS. It should be fun, though.
Right now it looks like I have to run and "motivate" Thing Two to help the other Things take out the garbage. *sigh* Here we go...

Have a good weekend, all!

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

I'm taking my kiddo next weekend to see CARS. I hear it's awesome! Have fun! :)