Monday, June 19, 2006

Lazy Weekend

Oh my gosh we were soooooo lazy this weekend--the first in a long long time. I think Hubby and I are both so burned out from the Curve Ball--(we're needing to make a decision this week) we just...gave out.
Saturday we had all these plans to do things, but we didn't. We had a nice breakfast, then took a nap, played around on the computer and read books, layed around some more, and ordered in fajitas from Hacienda Colorado. The kids played in the basement and swam in the pool in the backyard, they entertained themselves while we basically acted like slugs.

Sunday was more of the same. Hubby and I literally lounged around the entire day, and the kids played in the basement and back yard. We didn't go anywhere, we didn't do anything, and I had planned for us to grill ribeye steaks and have baked potatoes and fresh asparagus, but the prospect of doing all that work for dinner was daunting and we were bad and ordered Sushi in at night.

I think we really needed this down time. Hubby is well rested, and ready for the week, and so am I. I think you get stressed to a point where your body either breaks down, or you give it a MAJOR rest before it breaks down. So I guess that's what we were doing: a pre-emptive strike at breakdowns. :-)

I got nine pages of writing in this weekend (I told Hubby I was going to write for a certain amount of time every day and I needed his help to keep the kids at bay) and although it's not a lot, it's a lot more than I have been doing. One of my friends told me that it seems I get in my own way on my writing, because it's not my priority. I'll be honest, when I was younger, it was, because it was me and I didn't have any other responsibilities. Then children and a family changed that. But I always write. Whether it's in a journal or a blog, even when I'm "not writing" I really am. Sometimes its in my head, but I'm always thinking about it, always itching to do it, and it's a big part of me. One of these days it will be on the front burner again, and I will be on fire.

Hubby and I watched "Treasure Hunters" last night and it was fun. I guessed the historical question right away, I didn't even have to google it (but Hubby wanted me to, just in case) but I was one step ahead of the clues and I figured them all out. When the "Geniuses" told their driver to head to Mt. Roosevelt I was like "COME ON YOU DORKS! DON'T YOU GET IT??? IT'S MOUNT RUSHMORE!!!"
I hate reality shows. They force me to become emotionally involved.
But I told Hubby I would be a GREAT treasure hunter. As long as I didn't have to eat bugs--I'd be fine. :-)

No T-ball/Baseball practice tonight, just team pictures, which is fine with me because Thing Three is taking his time in getting better. He still looks a little thin and peaky to me.
Today is a day filled with errand-running, so I'd better get started. First thing's first:

Breakfast!

2 comments:

Lowa said...

Good for you! Taking time for yourself to write and also all of you taking it easy this weekend!

I am off with my "Thing Three" to the doctor this morning. His throat has been hurting him. Wonder if he caught your son's illness all the way from Colorado??

Lara said...

You never know. I heard it's been going around.

:-)

Hope he feels better!