Tuesday, September 27, 2005

The Onslaught Begins...

Apparently, my kids will be missed. Thing One told me that no less than three girls in her second-grade class burst into tears when it was announced that she was moving soon, and suddenly all these little friends of Things Two and Three are coming over all the time for "last hurrahs" and playdates before we set off for Denver.

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm a pretty spontaneous person. Usually when Hubby comes home, he likes to relax and unwind, and chaos (aka having half the neighborhood kids over) makes him crazy, and he can't handle it. He always asks me to send them all home when he arrives.
Now that he's in Denver, we are having kids over for dinner nearly every night, and playing until dark. My kids are loving it. I just wish it was possible when hubby WAS here. He likes his quiet, I guess. The difference between us is I am so used to chaos I can "tune it out," whereas for him it makes him a nervous wreck.

Oh well.

I haven't had time to breathe let alone write (as you can tell from yesterday's post) and we actually have a couple who viewed our house last night for over an hour (picture me in the Expedition with the kids--with Burger King spread out on their laps, with the bloody dog too, in the back, cruising covertly around the neighborhood in circles because they were supposed to be viewing from 7pm to 7:30, and they didn't leave until EIGHT) at one point Thing One groaned "Mommy, can't you call our house and tell them to leave already?"

According to our realtor, they loved our house and want to buy it, but they have to sell their house first, so that is a problem. I am not getting my hopes up. But it would be nice!

I am trying to use all the stuff up out of my freezers. Tonight it's the less-than-healthy fare of hotdogs and oven-baked tater tots. But I AM making them eat zuchini. (he he he he he he hehe)

Gotta run. Time to feed the brood. Hubby is meeting the interior designer at the house tonight (in Denver). Pray/channel/chant/whatever for me. I am nervous about what they'll do to it...

:-)

No comments: