Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I need a 48 hour day!!!

I have no time. My laptop is still in a state of coma, I spent ALL DAY (grrr) on the phone with Microsoft, they are very nice technicians but they keep asking me to do the same thing, that doesn't work every time I do it. But I can't sit and talk for hours to them because I have SO much I have to run around for. Here was my schedule yesterday:
Get hubby and one child off to work/school, (still had two more at home, they have afternoon school) call about computer, talk to technician for two hours while simultaneously dishing out snacks, bandaids, fending off screaming fits, and balancing a VERY sleepy puppy on my lap. Kids started to whine so badly from lack of attention I had to get off the phone (had errands to do anyway) so then it was pile the kids and dog into the car, go to the dry cleaners, Target (to buy floppies to download boot disks to save my computer) then back home for lunch and then back out to take Thing Three to preschool and DRIVE LIKE THE WIND to make it back in time to get Thing Two on the Kindergarten bus, then scarf down a sandwich and walk the dog, then call Microsoft AGAIN and spend two uninterrupted (but very frustrating) hours on the phone (mostly "on hold") until I have to dash out the door again to pick UP Thing Three. Once we get home I have to take the dog potty, and look at all of Thing Three's art projects for 20 minutes, listen to him talk about school, etc, give him a snack and shoo him to the basement as the other two kids arrive home on the schoobus. Then I get to give them snacks and talk about school, protect the puppy from too much manhandling, since two neighbor kids have decided to "come home" with Thing One (I am thinking if I was their mother I would KILL them for not coming home and checking in first) feed the neigbor kids and shoo them outside to the backyard, then I spend 45 minutes DOWNLOADING the #$@!!*&!! floppies, then had to send all the kids home, pile MY kids and dog into the car, take Thing One to Pom Pons, and run around with Things Two and Three at the park next to the school with the dog for an hour , then take Thing One and a neighbor friend home, fix dinner, walk the dog, and of course, OF COURSE...
my husband walked through the door, (at seven thirty) surveyed the messy kitchen and assorted school and pom pon paraphernalia littering the floor from the kitchen to the stairs and asked:

Hi Honey, what did you do today?


No comments: