Tuesday, September 21, 2004

*CRASH* Tinkle Tinkle...

So my laptop crashed. Not randomly of course, I (like a fool) installed the Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2, and lo and behold, after it prompted me to restart the computer, it is now refusing to even LOAD windows. I spent the better part of last night holding for about 2 hours collectively, only to get some call center guy in India, who read from a manual and after trying 2 things, suggested I do system recovery and wipe out my hard drive. (Oh sure, like THAT'S an option--it will be fixed, but I'll lose everything. No sir!)
I am typing on my kids' computer in the basement. It's a wonder to me this thing works as well as it does with all the Jumpstart and Disney computer games we've loaded onto it.
Another gripe--puppy potty training. I am convinced at this point that Hagan has bladder control problems--he pees every 20 minutes. And he has WAY too many accidents. I am thinking I need to invest in a market share of Bounty Paper Towels--since I will single-handedly be keeping them in business until Hagan either A) grows out of his Puppy Incontinence or B) I give up and make him wear a diaper. (Yes, I am actually considering it at this point).
It looks like today I will spend a better part of the morning trying to fix my laptop--UGH, when I had been on such a roll yesterday with my novel!
All I can say is, THANK HEAVEN I backed up all my files on CD yesterday morning--I do it every Monday morning religiously, and this time, I think it's literally saved me!

No comments: