Monday, September 20, 2004

I guess this post should have been the first...

I really am jumping into the middle of things, aren't' I? I guess before I post any more, I should tell you a little more about myself than my generic "profile"does--which truly could belong to any stay-at-home mom in Anytown, U.S.A.
I am 32, and my husband and I have been married going on nine years. We have three children (which of course due to this being the Internet for Pete's sake, shall remain nameless--however I will refer to them as my husband and I do: Thing One (my six year old daughter) Thing Two (my five year old son) and Thing Three (my three year old son). Yes, they are exactly 19 months apart each, and NO, we certainly did not plan it that way. But we're glad it turned out that way, because they are very close.
I've been staying home since the birth of Thing Three (my husband and I finally figured that I would merely be working to support daycare anyway) and it's been an Odyssey, so say the least.
The stay-at-home mother is extremely underrated and under-appreciated, except of course, by other stay-at-home moms. My heroes are the women whose children number three or more, who do all the things I do, PLUS hold a job outside of the home. I couldn't do it. Not unless it was VERY part time. My hat is off to those women.
Speaking of hats, I wear several: Mommy, Wife, Chauffeur, Soccer Mom, Crazy Cheerleader Pom-pon Mom, Housekeeper, Laundry Guru (yes I can get ANY stain out!) Head Nurse, Fridge stocker, Boo-boo kisser, Brownie Mom, Neighborhood Children Snack Feeder, Stamper, Quilter, and of course...Writer.
I believe in a lot of things. I believe in God. I believe in Family. I believe in America. I believe in Superman, because I'm married to him. (Except when he's sick, then the cape and the tights and boots come off and he's reduced to a superhero I like to call Whining Man).
I believe that everyone is different, and my words might seem just plain dumb to some, while inspiring and funny to others.
I myself an nobody in Society, but I am "Everything" to my family, and that's just fine with me.
I am very opinionated, and stubborn, but I don't like contention. I think politics are fine entertainment, and I am hopelessly addicted to the Fox News Channel.
I think I'll stop there, because this post's length would put most people to sleep (heck, it's putting me to sleep) and I really, really have a long week ahead of me. Right now all I want is a good eight hours sleep and for my brand new Cavalier King Charles Spaniel puppy, Hagan, to not have peed and pooped by his crate when I've woken up. The doggy potty training thing is "getting better", but let's say I curse him (under my breath, as I clean up puppy poop) more than I praise him at this point.
*wink*
Off to bed!!


No comments: