Monday, May 21, 2012

Speechless. Amazed. Blessed. Part II

But wait, there was more...

Friday night was the ultimate surprise party to date--with my parents and siblings and good friends and family flown in, and I honestly thought it couldn't get any better!

Then, Saturday night happened. OH. MY. HECK. We were going to dinner at Firebirds in Southpark. I am thinking just with the family. I walk in, and Hubby has ANOTHER surprise party with local friends and don't worry, my childhood friend, Aimee, who I hadn't seen in 15 years, was there! I am embarrassed to admit there was a good deal of jumping up and down and screaming, but afterwards we spent a wonderful dinner catching up and listening to family and friends take turns talking about me. A little overwhelming, but what a great time! At this point, I was wondering if my name spelled out in fireworks or a hot air balloon ride back to the house was in store (hehheh). Little did I know, Hubby had also arranged for me, Aimee, and my MIL and SIL's and girlfriends to spend the morning at the spa getting Swedish massages and manis and pedis. Then we shopped, we ate, laughed, lounged by the pool, had the BEST. TIME. EVER.

I can't thank enough all my wonderful friends and family, especially my bestie Kim, and EVERYTHING she and her family did to help my Hubby plan and execute everything so beautifully and perfectly. And to my Hubby, what can I say? You are amazing. I'm lucky to have you.

The best part? I didn't have a clue any of it would happen. Honestly. NOT ONE.




2 comments:

Aimee said...

It was the best weekend! SURPRISE with a capital S.

Devon Ellington said...

Surprises like that are wonderful. So glad you got to be with your friends!