Wednesday, May 02, 2012

AND I'M BACK!!!! DIDJA MISS ME???

Yes, I have now joined the Land of the Living. Three weeks. THREE WEEKS of being sick and finally battling a sinus infection. (Heh heh, one of those weeks was spent tending the other sickies in the family.) I've always wondered why we can't win the lottery with viruses. Instead of getting a nasty virus all at once and all of us being sick in one week (and DONE) we get sick ONE. AT. A. TIME. and when you have a family of six, you're down for a month solid. I think my washing machine will fall over dead from shock if I program it to anything other than the "sanitary" cycle at this point.

So, all is well in the household. I am super busy, but busy is good. I started working out with a personal trainer on Monday (is it bad that I'm still so sore I can't go DOWN the stairs and I scream whenever I have to sit down on a toilet seat?) and he's got me on a nutrition plan (BOO) and a workout plan (YAY) and I'm lucky because Hubby is super fit and we have a whole room in our house full of workout equipment. A gym, elliptical, treadmill, free weights, bosu, medicine ball, bands. etc. etc. etc. and really the only thing I had to buy was a large and ridiculously heavy workout thingy called a kettle bell. A 20-pound thing I have to swing between my legs and up into the air. (I don't question the trainer, I do the ridiculous things that will somehow mold this pudgy body back into shape.) Even if I look...special while I'm doing them...

I'm dejunking my house, writing away on my sequel (I already have 25K!) and every once in a while I glance at my "to be read" pile of books wistfully, but that just isn't going to happen anytime soon. Because even when my family goes on vacation, we don't RELAX. We run around and around looking at all the cool stuff and cramming activities into our schedules until we fall, exhausted into our beds at night. (Kinda like being at home, only in a more tropical setting.) So, my stack of books will probably get read sometimes in late 2014. No one's perfect.

I hope everyone has a fabulous Wednesday!!

No comments: