Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sunday.

Yes, I don't normally blog on Sundays, but Hubby is in L.A. and I'm a tad bored. Because I force myself to RELAX on Sundays. :-) Also, I got tagged by Brenda, so here goes:

If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?
No pets. Hubby and Thing One are allergic to anything non-human. We had beta fish once, and they WERE part of the family. We even moved them with us from Wisconsin to Colorado and back to Wisconsin again. Since they’ve died, we still don’t have the heart to replace them.

R.I.P Paulie and Blueberry.

If you could have a dream come true, what would it be?
To go on an archaeological adventure—and DISCOVER something. If I had to be really specific: I'd LOVE to unearth a portrait of Mary Newman Drake, Francis Drake's first wife. Nothing of hers has survived. Not a letter, a hanky, nothing. I'm on a sort of "mission" to find something...

What is the one thing most hated by you?
Anyone who would steal my children’s innocence.

What would you do with a billion dollars?
Pay tithing on it, have some serious fun, and make sure my family was well taken care of. Then I would donate to Breast Cancer Research, and other charities.

What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?
Hugs, playing with the baby, SHOPPING. But not for clothes. For “stuff” at a fun place like Hobby Lobby or Michael’s or those sorts of places.

Choose one letter of your name and come up with a word to describe yourself.
L—Lively. I’m very animated. My college roommates called me a “female Jim Carrey.”

What’s your bedtime routine?
Don’t have one. I am sporadic in everything I do. Sometimes I remember to wash my face and brush my teeth, but sometimes, you just are too dang tired and you just want to fall into bed.

What kind of books do you buy?
RESEARCH books, for whatever subject I am currently writing about. Otherwise give me a mystery or adventure with a touch of romance, and I’m hooked. I buy those in abundance.

Where do you want to be in ten years?
Inside Barnes & Noble, admiring my own shelf of books written by me…

What kind of person do you think the person who tagged you is?
Brenda and I have known each other for years. I think Brenda is a genuinely good, large-hearted person, who sees Life for what it is and handles things with amazing inner strength-- and rolls with whatever comes her way. She’s loyal and funny, and a good mother. She’s also human, just like me. She’s relatable, she’s personable, and she doesn’t take crap from anyone. She rocks.

What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?
Drink a glass of orange juice before going upstairs and attempting to WAKE THE DEAD.

What’s your favorite food?
Sushi.

Formal Wear or Casual Wear?
Please. I LOVE vacuuming in my Donna Reed pearls and After-Five dress and heels. Okay, that was sarcasm. CASUAL.

Sports: Football or baseball?
It’s a tie. If BYU is playing, it’s FOOTBALL. If the Yankees are playing, it’s BASEBALL.

What do you consider your guilty pleasure?
Can I have more than one? Let's see--IBC Rootbeer floats, POPSUGAR (Gotta have my “news” fix!), Sunday naps, and trips to the grocery store SANS kids.

People I'd like to tag: Mik and Devon and Karen. (If they have time!)

Also, at the risk of introducing politics into my blog, someone please explain something to me: All these richer-than-rich celebrities who are pro-Obama--aren't they going to get the PANTS taxed off them if he gets into Office? I just thought it was sort of funny...

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

HA! I'm responding to your tag on Monday. :)

Lowa said...

I have been meaning to ask you what happened to wee Hagan (Haggan??)...now I am scared:(

*GULP*