Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Percolating.

No more bizarre dreams for now, thank heaven. I think you guys are right. I subconsciously feel inept because my house is a constant chore--and I'm only one person, with three helpers who only "help cheerfully" for about an hour and then after that they're DONE. Cue major grumbling and murmuring...
Last night I was so tired when I fell into bed I don't remember falling asleep, OR dreaming. I think I was lulled to sleep by the debate last night. It was booooring. Same old stuff they talked about last time. *Zzzzzzzzz*

ANYWAY, I woke up at 5am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to clean my office. It sure cleans up nice. Then again, before I started on it--it looked like a category 3 tornado had blown through. When I write, I'm not "clean." I have notes and books everywhere, slips of paper, rejected printups, gum wrappers, empty Postum/herbal tea cups...you name it.

Now it's immaculate, clean and dusted, and I filed all my research and papers. It also helps that it was supposed to be a bedroom originally and I have a big walk-in closet that holds lots of...stuff. ;-)

The kids have the dentist after school today. Things One and Three have been immaculate about their teeth, but Thing Two would go WEEKS without brushing if I didn't get on him about it every day. So, I'm worried about him. His idea of a good cleaning is brushing for about ten seconds total. And it's not like I can stand right next to him and make sure he brushes for the full two minutes--so, yeah, I'm nervous for him.

I need to do some sort of "brush your teeth" reward system for him. He's tough to motivate when it comes to teeth. Sounds like my sister someone I knew growing up...

Hubby comes home from L.A. today. Apparently it's been warm and sunny there, the OPPOSITE of here. We haven't seen the sun for four days. It's depressing. I don't mind rain and clouds, but several days in a row and I start to want some sunshine.

I have a story idea that's been percolating for about six months now. I've written notes on it, and morphed one of my other story ideas into the beginning. I think I might rest on the sequel for a bit (since I'm still waiting for my research book--they asked me to give it a few days and THEN they'd give me a refund) and work on this story. Can't hurt. I want to see where it goes. I haven't plotted it out at all, which is not the norm for me. I like to plot plot plot, and have it all down before I even start writing.

We'll see what happens! Happy Wednesday! I get to go to Home Depot today. Why is that exciting to me?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Suggestion: Do some prep work on the idea percolating and use it for Nano. You've never done Nano, have you? Everyone should try it once!

Aimee said...

Oh yeah! movie of the week...SEXIEST vampire ever! How many times did we watch that? I swear it was every weekend for six straight months.

Lara said...

I know...it was my first "real" vampire movie!

He was so delish...although I think if we saw it now we'd laugh our heads off at how campy it is...
;-)

Anonymous said...

Please don't use me as an example of what happens whe you don't do something. I don't want to known as that crazy toothless aunt. I have teeth, and they are white. :D

Speaking of teeth, I still can't bring myself to watch that movie because of that HUGE scary smile part! I'm still such a dork.

-sis

Michelle Miles said...

Get one of those 3 minute hour glass things and use it to make him brush his teeth. Bet it works. :)