Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Vote For Pedro.

Status: Not feeling the Love. It's already shaping up to be one of those days...

My workout last night was lame. I just wasn't into it. Hawaii is four weeks away. So I guess I'd better get into it in a fierce way. I was so good over vacation. Except the last two days. I did absolutely nothing but eat really good (aka "bad") stuff. But when I got back home I had lost two more pounds. So at least I didn't gain!

Thing One is starting to really HATE school. I distinctly remember hating Fourth grade myself. The pace (and homework) really took off in that grade. And I had probably the Meanest Teacher On the Planet: Mrs. Turnbow. I truly believe she hated me. And I never did my homework. Both my parents were working so it wasn't like they could "get on me" about it either. Fourth grade was a big black hole to me.

So, in a way, I feel Thing One's pain. But mostly I am practically standing on top of her head to make sure she gets all her homework completed, and studies for her tests. She loathes it. But if she doesn't develop good homework habits now (as I didn't) she'll fail. Or be mediocre. I don't want that for her. She'll thank me later for the tough love. This morning she broke down a little and said it was "too much" and she hated school. Aw, the raw emotions of a ten-year old.

She's just mad at me because I told her until her Math grade improves, no more taking her Pokemon card collection to school. ;-)

So why "Vote for Pedro?" No particular reason. I coudn't think of a post title, and I have this little grocery list pad next to the computer that is from the movie Napoleon Dynamite. It says "Vote for Pedro" on it. Yes, I'm lame.

Sorry, folks. That's as good as it gets today. I have Writer's Block.

2 comments:

Janey said...

Glad to see you're back in one piece. It's just me and my brother for the holidays. So quiet and peaceful!

Janey said...

ps you're progress meter is hilarious!