Sunday, November 04, 2007

It's Been One Of Those Weekends...

So, this is what my apple pie did in the oven. I've never seen a pie DO that. I guess it was an omen, because this has been the WORST weekend so far. All my kids are sick, fevers, coughs, stuffy noses, and Thing Three has chest wheezes. He'll be going to the Dr. first thing tomorrow morning. Poor Things. And Hubby is in New York.

At this point-- the ONLY thing that would cheer me up, is a certain football game that I will be watching this afternoon...

GO PATRIOTS!!!

All I can say is, they'd better win. But the way my weekend is going...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I've never seen a pie do that. I don't know what to say.

Sorry everyone's sick. That makes it hard on you.

Thinking healthy thoughts for you and yours.

Anonymous said...

Did you use ready pie crusts? That is the weirdest thing. Maybe you "crimped" too hard?

Unknown said...

That is so bizarre!! Your poor crust committed suicide!

Go Patriots, indeed! Tom Brady makes watching football sooooo easy....

Hope the kiddos feel better soon!

Janey said...

Hey--they won! I was for the Colts of course. They outplayed the Patriots big time. It was luck they won. I guess you didn't jinx the game after all.

Your pie crust looks depressed. I bet it tasted good though.

Anonymous said...

Go Pats! But how do you keep your crust from getting too brown? I gotta know.

Lowa said...

Wow, at least it is not black like mine usually are! How do you keep it from getting overdone?? I have a "pie shield" that doesn't see to work too well.

Another question: Do you make your crust from scratch?? I have only tried a few times and it doesn't taste that great, not sure why. I make almost everything from scratch and can't stand mixes and prepackaged stuff. HOWEVER, I do use a pie crust mix. Just add water. Always tastes great and rolls out nicely. Just can't cook it right!

Hope everyone feels better soon! I am so glad my hubby doesn't travel at all for work!

Lynn Sinclair said...

Because I never eat the crust, that pie looks just perfect to me.