Thursday, March 22, 2007

Odds n Ends

I had bad dreams last night, and we hardly slept at all--we had thunderstorms and lightning and HAIL, about four different times. Mostly it was heavy rain, but that in itself kept us awake too. At least I can take a nap. Hubby had to put on a suit and look good because he's filming a TV spot today, so he can't be a zombie. Poor Hubby.

I went to the Dr. yesterday and things seem fine, except for the annoying contractions. This baby is getting big!! It is all I think about lately, because, well, I'm sort of immobilized over it.

I finally got to see The Holiday again yesterday--I really really like that movie. If you are the sort who isn't annoyed by Cameron Diaz and Jack Black and Kate Winslet and Jude Law, then it's a perfect movie. So full of truths about love and Life, and I just think it's really well done. And I want to live in Iris' English cottage! I didn't realize they built it just for the movie. It looks like it's been there for 200 years.

Today I'm reading a book about Queen Nefertiti (ancient Egypt) to see if I can get away with the plot idea I want to pull off. She basically disappeared from the face of the earth after her momentous reign, and her whereabouts are a mystery. It's Perfect.

AND I finished Order of the Phoenix. I gobbled up the last few chapters, because they're just so full of action! I can't wait to see it all translate to the Big Screen, but I'm always a little disappointed because they have to cut out so many subplots to fit it into decent Running Time. NEWSFLASH HOLLYWOOD: If you made a FOUR-hour movie people would still come and see it! Just put in one of those old-fashioned intermissions in between (the two hour mark, maybe?) and let everyone run for the bathroom and all will be well. There are enough die-hard Potter fans out there who would welcome a long movie, just like they would welcome a longer book. I am just wondering how Jo Rowling wrapped EVERYTHING up in a mere 784 pages for Deathly Hallows? I guess we'll see in July! Of course I'll be mentioning more Potter stuff as we go, it's only a few months away.

Have a good Thursday!

No comments: