Wednesday, March 07, 2007

ANNOYING.

Spent a good portion of the day yesterday at the Med clinic, being monitored for heavy contractions. Not painful ones, but they sure weren't letting up. I had to leave work and get checked, to make sure I wasn't "in labor." I wasn't (thank heaven) but they weren't stopping.

So I'm on limited walking/standing for the next couple of weeks so they can monitor me. This baby needs to cook a little more. (7 weeks). The contractions didn't stop until I went to bed last night. It's the weirdest thing ever.
I think most people would rejoice at having to sit around the house, but I am not one of those people. I start to feel trapped and bored after a while. I have to "get out" and go places.

At least I'm not on "bed rest." That would truly drive me Starkers.

So, I am making a list of things I need to do. Chapters to work on, books to read, at least the house is pretty clean so I don't have to do any scouring. The kids' new chore charts have really gone well, and they are cleaning up stuff I would normally do. They're old enough now to really pitch in, and I'm sure glad of it.

Sorry for the boring post, but I'm really frustrated about yesterday. I hope things are better today. Having your pregnant belly in a near constant state of major tightness is enough to drive anyone mad...

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Hang in there. You're in the home stretch now, but you're right - the baby needs a little longer in the oven before he's ready to make an appearance. :)

SO. Tell me what you need as far as baby things. ;)

Lara said...

Oh, no, that's NOT me. I need the Epidural. Demerol. Jack Daniels, a sledgehammer...WHATEVER IT TAKES.

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the crazy contractions! I'm envious of your down time. I know I wouldn't be if I were pregnant, though. Grass is always greener.

Unknown said...

Yikes! Glad it's all ok now! Hope you find things to do!!

OH! I keep forgetting. A friend of a friend is moving out here--hubby will be working in Delafield. She asked me about housing out that way, and well, I'm clueless. If you have time, would you mind terribly emailing her some suggestions?? my email is karencallister@gmail.com. If you don't mind, email me so I can get your email, then I'll pass it on to her.