Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Indiana Jones A-thon...

Poor Thing One is sick. She caught the virus. We tried to keep it from our kids, but HELLO, we all live in the same house! She has a fever and a sore throat and stuffy nose, and therefore I've knackered her up with Motrin Cold. She's watching all three Indiana Jones movies today in her jammies, in her room. She feels much better, but that's the medicine.

I've decided to call a cleaning service for the house. I'm still weak from being so sick and my bathrooms are about to have something rise up out of the toilets and attack us all in our sleep.
(Okay, they're not THAT bad, but they will be if I don't do something about them.)

I finally got to watch The Devil Wears Prada the other night. Cute movie. I wouldn't have lasted five minutes in that office. I would have thrown her iced mocha latte ALL OVER her dictatorial ass. Seriously. Degradation is not one of the things I can tolerate. Although I TOTALLY would have gotten busy with Simon Baker. :-)

Okay, I got tagged by Mik, so here goes:

Six Weird Things about Me:

1) I absolutely can't have my food touching on my plate, especially breakfast foods. If the syrup gets on the eggs, etc... I fly to the moon. Separate plates are a must for messy foods. Eeek--you should see me at Thanksgiving. (i.e. I won't eat if the fruit salad touches the turkey.)

2) I could subsist entirely on bottled water and Cool Ranch Doritos and Kraft Creamy Ranch dip...for at least a week, and be happy as a clam.

3) I prefer men with black hair and I like 'em hairy (except NO back hair) and I've been that way my whole life and I married a blond.

4) I think fish or shrimp tacos are just WRONG. They don't make sense. I don't understand them.

5) When I watch a movie with others, it makes me CRAZY if there isn't anything but absolute silence in the room, so people can absorb the "true meaning" of the movie. Yeah, I'm a Movie Nazi.

6) My house is in a constant state of disarray...but my craft room is categorized and organized to the point of obsessive/compulsiveness. Everything is sorted, filed, and labeled to the minutae. And it's ALWAYS perfectly straight.

And there you have it, folks! I'm tagging Colin, Brenda, Laura, Karen, Pamela, and Ann.

Have a happy day, everyone!

5 comments:

Lara said...

Mmmm, I love Shepherd's Pie!

If the food is meant to go together, then I'm OK. But I can't stand it when opposite tastes get mixed together, for instance, sweet syrup with salty eggs, or cranberry sauce on the sage stuffing. Does that make sense? I like to keep the salty with the salty, the sweet with the sweet, etc.

And you know me well, I a SO going to pre-clean before they come! ;-)

...just a little...

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I know the feeling - I love shrimp, I love tacos, but I can't even stand the thought of the two combined!

Lowa said...

This was very fun to read.

I can have my food touch, but I avoid it if possible. I TOTALLY know what you mean, with the syrup on the eggs, etc etc.

When you say Laura, am I the one you mean?? LOL I mean, am I the only Laura who reads this?? If so, thanks, this will be a fun one to do! I am a freak, so it should be easy to think of things:)

And yes, try not to pre-clean. When I was pregnant with my fourth and had someone come and clean, I was famous for that. Hard to stop though, eh??

I am the same. LOVE Dark men (eyes, hair, skin) yet married a blond. Very odd!

Hope everyone get better ASAP.

Lara said...

Yes, Laura, it's you!

(I don't know of any other Lauras who read!)

:-)

Michelle Miles said...

Your entire list cracked me up! You are so dang funny heheh (PS I LOVE INDY!)