Tuesday, March 14, 2006

If my Head wasn't Glued On...

Quote of the Day: "Telling your troubles always helps. The world's dumb indifference makes you mad enough to keep on fighting."

Okay, this was embarrassing. I picked up the kids from school yesterday, and suddenly realized that I had my daughter's parent/teacher conference in FIVE minutes. And of course I had worn my slippers in the car because I thought I was only going to pick them up and go straight home...
So, I swallowed my pride, parked the car, and trouped inside in my lovely shirpa and suede slippers, with my hair coming out of the ponytail it was in (I THOUGHT I WAS STAYING IN THE CAR, BEHIND THE TINTED WINDOWS!) with no makeup on and looking quite lovely, I'm sure, and we got to my daughter's classroom only to find out that I was a week early.

I think a hole opening up in the Universe and swallowing me whole would have been welcome at that point.

So we trouped back outside into the car and the kids kept asking me on the way home why I was mad. I had to explain to them that I had made a mistake, and I was embarrassed.

Such was my day yesterday. I won't bore you with the rest of it...

1 comment:

Michelle Miles said...

AWWWW... you poor thing!! I hate when stuff like that happens. :/

HEY, I'm seriously considering the Neo. Thanks for your thoughts!