Friday, March 10, 2006

And the Winner is...

The Templar Legacy, by Steve Berry. Having read a few of Dan Brown's novels (my favorite being Angels and Demons) I am wondering if this guy is a copycat--there seems to be a rash of novels out there about Templars and the like, since Mr. Brown rose to fame with his tale involving the mystical Knights.
But I'm a sucker for commercial fiction, so I'll read it. I eeny-meenied my stack of unread novels last night, and for now, this one won out. The runners-up:

#2: Birthright by Nora Roberts (I've never read any of her stuff, and I'm not into romance novels, but we'll see--I'm attracted to the historical/archaeology element of her story)

#3: Catherine the Great by Henri Troyat

#4 Persuasion, by Jane Austen. The only novel of hers that I haven't read. I'm excited. It came with the dvd copy of the movie, which blurbed "If you liked "A Room with a View" you'll LOVE "Persuasion!"
I have to admit "A Room with a View" is my all-time favorite movie in the entire Universe. Has been since high school. So I guess that means I'll like Persuasion! :-)

Hubby and I are watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire tonight. I saw it once in the theatres last year, but I'm glad to see it again after so long.

Hmmmph, it's Garbage Day and my kids are doing their usual routine of yelling/tattletaling/piddlyfarting around, while emptying all the trashcans. UGH. Why can't they do it without being at each other's throats?

Quite a bit of snow melted yesterday, and it was in the high forties. But supposedly we're getting more snow soon. Weird. Denver weather is wonky. It can't seem to make up its mind between Spring and The Dead of Winter. I still think it's funny my kids were wearing shorts and capris to school last week, and now it's down winter coats. Ha!

Well, time to go pack some lunches. I'm getting AT LEAST 2500 words in today! Watch me!

Have a good weekend, all,

Lara

1 comment:

Lara said...

I've wondered the SAME thing!