Monday, March 13, 2006

Crazy Week

Quote of the day: "A Diamond is a piece of coal that stuck to the job."

If I don't blog a lot this week, it's because my week is CRAZY. I had a lovely, calm, relaxing weekend, and I'm paying for it now. The big church dinner is Thursday, and I have people coming over tonight and someone else's kids to watch, Tuesday night I have to buy everything for the dinner, Wednesday night we're going to the temple, and Thursday is the dinner. And I have lots of scheduled things going on during the day. CRAZY CRAZY.

I woke up at 2am this morning, because I was so stressed out about everything I have to do this week. UGH. On top of it all, I have a cold that settled into my chest, and I'm a coughing, hacking mess. I don't have time to go to the doctor--hopefully he'll just call in some antibiotics for me because I'm going to be unable to stop in to be seen.

Unfortunately writing is going to be pushed to the back burner this week, but I have absolutely NOTHING planned next week that will interfere with writing, and I plan to crank out at least 5000 words on What Was Lost...

I am sitting here, looking at all the pretty snow out my window, and savoring a moment of calm before the storm. All the kids have just finished their cereal and are obediently making their beds and getting dressed for school, and everything is peaceful. But in about an hour all hell will break loose and my crazy day will begin.

I read in the news that a "haunted" Elizabethan era castle is going up for auction in England, for only 5000 pounds. I saw a picture of it (totally gutted, but really cool looking) and for a moment I thought it would be cool to buy it. Ha! But I definitely got the beginnings of a story, about the woman who does buy it...but I'll have to scribble down the idea and let it marinate. I have other priorities.

Well, I am going to get dressed, and then it's off to the races! Wish me luck...

1 comment:

Lowa said...

YIKES!

Hope Friday comes soon for you!

That would be amazing if you bought that place in England:)