Monday, December 12, 2005

I HAD a Shiny House...

Isn't it amazing the house clutter that accumulates over a weekend? Most of my morning will be spent "tidying up," I suspect. I just don't feel like cleaning during the weekend. If Hubby can lay around like a slug and watch sports, well, so can I! I did, however, manage to keep the kitchen clean. I can't cook in chaos. Although I will say that cooking at high altitudes kind of sucks. Our favorite family dishes have been turning out a bit "funny" every time. For instance, I made my scratch clam chowder last night. Usually, it is PERFECTION when I make it. Well, to my surprise, it turned out slightly "gluey." The family ate it up, but I noticed the change in the consistency. And the cake I baked I had to add extra flour, because I learned things don't set well in the oven when you're six thousand miles in the air! Ppphbbbbhhhbtttt.

We saw Narnia on Friday night. It was AMAZING. It was a tad violent (my kids were scrunched waaaaayyyyyy down in their seats during the war scenes) but it was all that I had hoped it would be.
I haven't read the Narnia Chronicles, but I DO have two brain cells to rub together, and I picked up almost immediately on C.S. Lewis's symbolism. Very interesting. Very cool, actually.
(Of course, like complete morons, we showed up at the movie theater 20 minutes early (we should have showed up at least 40) and the only seats were fourth row from the FRONT. Yikes. We learned our lesson with that one.)

Well, I need to go run around. Mondays are crazy for me. Every weekend I find myself saying "Oh I'll do it on Monday, I'll do it on Monday..." and when Monday comes I am ready to freak out because I've got such a laundry list of stuff to take care of, fires to put out, bills to pay, etc.

But that's what I get for being a procrastinator.

2 comments:

Lowa said...

I hear you on the clean/not clean house thing:) LOL I just said something about it on my blog last night.

I took the 13 year old to Narnia yesterday afternoon. It has been YEARS since I read the books and now I want to again. Yes, we were very impressed. I thought those young actors were amazing!

Hope you get all your things done today:)

Michelle Miles said...

I'm DYING to see Narnia!! Hopefully I can drag my husband to the movies to see it.