Thursday, December 01, 2005

#*&%!! CSI New York!!

I had a nightmare last night. I NEVER get them. Hubby and I watched CSI New York last night, and one of the sub-plots was a man who suffered from Hypergraphia, or the compulsion to write. (After he murdered the man his wife was having an affair with, he wrote an entire chapter on the corpse--ew!)

So, in my nightmare, I was writing (with a large black Sharpie) on my kids. Their faces, their arms and legs, and they were all crying because the ink was permanent. And I was telling them to suck it up because maybe they would walk by an editor who would read their faces (literally) and like my work and perhaps give me a call!
Walking human billboards, if you will.

OK, that is SO disturbing. I woke up from that one in a sweat, about 2am. I didn't bother telling my Hubby, who was busy in Dreamland.

Am I that desperate to sell a novel? They always say dreams are a manifestation of what our subconscious thinks. EEK.

I have decided that it is high time I put my office in order so I can resume working on my novel. I need to get it out. But I am disappointed in myself because I wanted to have it to my agent before the end of the year, and if I were to bust on it now, it would be crap. So I am shooting for early Spring. He hasn't given me a deadline, but I know I need to get cracking on it.

So, currently shaking the mental image of Sharpie-branded kids out of my head, and gearing up to head to World Market. They have an AMAZING imported gourmet food section, and I have a couple of Christmas boxes to send off.
Things 1 through 3 got to open the first window of their advent calendars today! How exciting.

Happy December everyone!

ps--check out my post today on the Scruffy Dog Review Blog...

1 comment:

crissachappell said...

Good luck!