Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Crazy Time

I think the month of December is like having a baby. You forget how painful it is until the next time it happens--and when you're in the middle of it you gasp: "I signed up for THIS?"

I honestly haven't written a word since before the move, and it looks like it will be 2006 before I begin to write again. Too many cookies to bake, parties to go to, gifts to buy and ship and just your average December craziness happening for me to get much of anything else done.

And of course this year we're going to the in-laws for Christmas. It's a little crazy. We're flying to Idaho for a few days, then to Washington for a few days, then back to Idaho for a few more days, then back to Colorado. I am going to be sick of airports by then, but it will be nice to see the family on both sides.

I have to run--I have one precious hour a day between 7am and 8am where I don't have to run around just quite yet, so that's the only time I can do things I want to do, like this blog, for instance.

Then the fun begins... *smirk*

5 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Whew. Hectic Christmas indeed but you'll love being able to see the family - and so will the kids. :)

Lowa said...

Enjoy your hour to yourself:) They are certainly precious!

December sure is different for the adults, eh?? LOL

Now I know why my Mom was a little "testy" sometimes during the holidays when I was a kid!

I know you will settle into writing again in the New Year!

The Ramblin Irishman said...

Aw you women. You try to do too much. Look at us men and realize we have it all under control. All we ask is food and drink and the remote. What part of Idaho?

Lara said...

Ha ha ha on the remote thing! That about sums up my hubby.

We'll be going to Boise. You know, they actually have a mall there...

;-)

Ann said...

Having a baby is like December? OMG - I'm staying childless!