Friday, September 30, 2011

My Second Home.

I love my car. I have a big white Sequoia, and frankly, it's a good thing I love it, because I live in it. I'm always driving on errands, driving kids to school and activities, driving them to games and sports practices, drive drive drive. And sometimes I wait wait wait in carpool. I realize I spend probably half my day in my car. And I fill up the tank twice a week. (OUCH.)

So, in my attempt to be frugal, I told my middle-schoolers they must take the bus home after school. They started last week. I mean, the school is literally down the road from our subdivision, so I don't see the big problem there. And there aren't any bullies on the bus, because the one bully was complained about by the parents and he now sits up front by the bus driver. ;-)

Do you know how much time out of my car that little decision cut out? One whole hour! Because if I left at 3:00 to go sit in the carpool, the kids were out at 3:45, and we were home by four. MAJOR DIFFERENCE. I now have one whole hour to do other things! Woo!!!

I feel liberated. But my favorite part is yet to come--in late November I put a Christmas wreath on my car and my kids get all embarrassed--LOVE IT. Here's my wreath last year:
 (Hey, it could be worse, at least I don't do the Rudolph nose and Antlers!)

Now THAT is embarrassing! ;-)

1 comment:

Tyra Shortino said...

Wow! You are one busy mom. Contrary to popular belief, moms are very busy people. Saving an hour by letting your kids ride the bus is a great idea.