Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Snow Day.

Our first snow dump fall of the season...and I'm already OVER it. We got about a foot of snow where we live, it's so pretty...but SOOOOO heavy!!! It's the heaviest snow I've ever seen! I had to snowblow the driveway twice, and finally take a shovel to the "Great Wall" the snowplowers put at the foot of our driveway. The snowblower wasn't even a match for it, and I had to chip at it (back-breaking work!) until I finally got it out of the way.
And of course, an hour later, it was SNOWING again, and I'll probably have to do the whole thing over in a few hours because Hubby won't be able to get up the driveway. Why I loved this driveway when we bought the house is beyond me. It's long, and slopes up to the house, and it's very nice looking, but in WINTER, it becomes...my...nemesis. The Driveway That Never Ends. Especially when you're trudging behind a snowplow on it. UGH.
Anyway, the kids are home from school, everything is cancelled, and we have a snow fort and assorted snowman attempts in our back yard.
At least we're warm and cozy inside--that's a lot to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

Ahhhh maaaaan. Wish I were there! Stupid 53 degree weather here.

Devon Ellington said...

Except for the snow shovelling part, it sounds kind of lovely.

We were promised snow and only got rain. So I'm on flood watch. Ick.

Chris said...

I want some snow, i'm so jealous.. snowblow some this direction :)