Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Oy. Snow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my brother, Chris!!!

I guess it was inevitable...the big first "snow storm" for Wisconsin. We're supposed to get a big ol' fashioned dumping today--starting around noon and lasting all night. 9-12 inches.

And of COURSE the school Christmas concert is tonight. My guess is they'll cancel. And we'll have a snow day tomorrow. At least that's the "chatter" lately. I called the school just to check, and they "haven't made that decision, yet," because in the past we've had severe storm warnings and....phhhhttt. Nothing. Maybe one or two inches. I guess we'll see what happens. It's no fun driving in thick snow, only to have to unload four kids (dressed to the nines, no less) and a stroller and get everyone into the school from two blocks away because there's no parking. In fact, last year, Hubby arrived late to the concert, couldn't find a parking spot within a half mile (or so he said, I suspect he was exaggerating a tad) and he finally gave up and went home. The concert was half over, anyway, and already standing-room only.

In other news, we have had a couple of milestones this week--Thing Four is finally starting to sleep in a "big boy bed" tonight. I'm a little sad at this, because I enjoy my sleep. So, when he wakes up at 5am and is able to actually get out of bed and come down and wake us up, it will kinda suck. I'm going to childproof his room so that he can get down and play with his toys, which he will most likely do.

Also, he's started talking about "going potty on the big-boy potty." I got him one of those conversion-potty seats, it's soft and has a football theme (we call it the "Football Potty") and he's ready to try it. I'm a little "not ready" because I was hoping to potty train him AFTER Christmas vacation (six hours total on planes there and back, yuck!) so I may try to hold him off. We may "sporadically" use the potty until then. If he's ready, he'll learn quickly. I'm crossing my fingers!

Time to run around a bit--the storm is supposed to hit around noon today. I need to get extra gas for the snowblowers--and dig out my gloves and scarves and hats--snowblowing is messy business!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Good luck with your snow! Hopefully it won't be too bad. :)

Devon Ellington said...

Hope they're wrong about the snow. They keep promising us snow here, but so far, nada.