Monday, July 07, 2008

INSECURITY.

Funny T-Shirt Saying of the Day: "Welcome to Wisconsin. Smell the Dairy Air."


Status: Glad to be "back" even though I didn't really go anywhere. It was more a state of "busi-ness" than anything...

Okay, I bought a FUN toy at Boston Store Saturday for the baby: It is the CUTEST thing ever--it's "Barnyard Basics Bowling" and it has these sturdy plastic milk bottles, and a cow "bowling ball" that emits fun banjo music with a long "moo" at the end when you roll the ball. The baby LOVES it. Of course, we're trying to get him to understand the whole "bowling" concept--he loves to crawl over and knock the pins down himself, but he's getting it. ADORABLE. He's really into farm animals right now, so that was a bonus.


So, we went to the Zoo last week, and the Cheetahs were interesting. One of them kept pacing back and forth in front of the viewing window, staring us all down...

I walked right up to the glass and his face was right there--it would NOT be fun to have one of those things chewing on you. I'm sure he thought we all looked like tasty snacks...*shudder*


I got GREAT shots of the lions, tigers, and elephants, my personal favorites. Normally I find Zoo pictures boring, because you're usually getting the backside of an animal or a faraway shot. Not this time around. Up close and beautiful. It was a blast!






Now for the title of the post--I bought myself some clothes Saturday, and a few of the shirts were in the fashionable style--fitted at the top and flared at the bottom. Basically, everyone looks like they're running around in Maternity tops these days. Or is it me?

ANYWAY, I wore one to church yesterday with a skirt, and while I was talking to one of the ladies she congratulated me on my PREGNANCY. She was so excited and everything. I thought to myself: I don't look pregnant do I? In this top? But after I set her straight, she didn't seem all that embarrassed. Turns out, Thing Two had announced to his primary class (she happens to be the teacher) that I WAS PREGNANT. The stinker. We had a long talk (again) about telling lies for attention. He's told a few. Let's just leave it at that. At least he's creative. His lies are WHOPPERS, not just regular lies...

So it's off to the races--back to normal and my TO DO list is nearing the "two foot" mark. I guess I'd better hack away at it...

But hey, I've been writing! The word count is going up!


4 comments:

wfbdoglover said...

THAT is to funny! Shame on (giggle) Thing TWO (having trouble containing my laughter) Kids say the darnest things.

Love your photos!

Michelle Miles said...

Those tops are very popular these days. I have one or two myself. hehe though on the whopper lie. ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you're writing so much!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Glad the writing is going so well.

Ah, Thing Two must be a Middle Child.

If you, uh, the baby likes the "sounds" you should take a look at Silly Bowling... the pins MOCK YOU to make sure you throw the ball and hit them down. 9 always loved that one.