Monday, October 01, 2007

First of October!!!

Status: Kinda getting in the "Halloween" spirit!

I'm sick. It was inevitable, with the weather changes. It started Saturday night, and I spent most of Sunday in bed. Hubby was my hero. He took care of the meals and the kids, while I slept this cold away, because I have to be 100% this week. Luckily it wasn't a SEVERE cold (you know the kind, where you have a fever/sore throat/body aches/want to die stuff going on) it was mostly just "itchy and sneezy and tired."

I am a firm believer that when you are sick, the BEST thing ever is just to stay in bed, if you can. Sleep and sleep, and let your body heal. It's always worked for me. I do feel a LOT better today. Or that could just be the Advil Cold & Sinus doing it's job...

It's Garbage day, and luckily we only have twelve bags of grass. But that's still a lot. I can't wait until it gets so cold we don't have to mow anymore. Then we won't have to worry about it. Grass is just...gross, after you bag it. It starts decomposing and attracting bugs and smelling and churning out gases (especially in a hot garage) and becomes downright nasty.

I have lots to do--the In Laws are coming for a visit Wednesday through Sunday.

I just wish I could stop sneezing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, the best thing you can do is rest and heal -- let the body do its thing. It's when you push through that you end up paying the price!