Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rememberance--9/11

I can't believe it's been six years already. Six years to the morning, where I sat in horror with my hands over my mouth, screaming in my living room as I watched the World Trade Center towers fall, in slow motion it seemed.
It's something I will never forget. They say everyone remembers what they were doing the morning JFK was shot. Well, this is the rememberance moment for my generation, hands down.
My thoughts are with the families of the victims, and those who to this day are still affected by this senseless act of genocide.

I wasn't able to blog yesterday, I wasn't feeling super great so Hubby stayed home and took care of me. But he was on both computers doing work stuff most of the day, because whenever he's not at work (a very RARE thing) something always blows up, catches fire, implodes, or some emergency happens of some sort, and EVERYONE calls him every five minutes. BLEAH.

We had the strangest thing happen this morning at 5am. Our fire alarms went off. We have the lovely system where if one goes off, they ALL go off. Hubby and I bolted out of bed, thinking someone had tried to break into our house, but then we realized the alarms were different. We immediately launched into Operation Check The House and couldn't find anything amiss. (The alarms went off immediately after they went on.) No Fire. No smoke, nothing. Strange. So I am going to call today to get someone out here to see why it went off so randomly.

Well, I just got the kids onto the bus so it's off to the races!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thnaks for your words about 9/11. I'm so sick of the developers' campaign around here telling us we no longer have the right to mourn.

I hope you're feeling better.

Definitely get the alarms checked. That's the kind of thing that's especially scary if it happens while hubby is traveling. Fingers crossed that it's a crossed wire or a chipmunk chewed insulation or something.

Michelle Miles said...

It was a horrible day. My baby was 1 1/2 weeks old that day. I remember watching them BOTH fall down. Mom was there with me and we were just in horror.

Hope you're feeling better today!