Monday, May 07, 2007

People are Funny...

Had a good (but quiet) weekend. We stayed home Sunday because Thing Two's fever was out of control, and the other two kids are just getting over colds.

But SATURDAY, we went to the new Majestic Theater and saw Spiderman 3. An admitted sucker for the Spidey Franchise, I loved it of course, and yes, Thing One and I were sobbing in the end.
Well, I wasn't sobbing per se, I had tears rolling down my cheeks, but Hubby kept leaning forward and looking at me with this impish grin (as he always does when he suspects I'm crying during a movie) and it made me annoyed enough to where I never actually sobbed. That was Thing One. She was inconsolable, and crying her eyes out in the car on the way home, and once I gently reminded her it was JUST A MOVIE, and they were "ACTING" she immediately was better.

So, I heartily recommend the movie. HOWEVER, here are a few things I also heartily recommend to my fellow moviegoers (hence the title of this blog):

1) When you are attending a huge blockbuster movie on it's opening weekend, AND the theater you are attending is ALSO brand new and on it's opening weekend, when you show up ten minutes before the movie starts, you have absolutely NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to get angry/whine that there aren't two seats together in the entire theater room. HELLO PEOPLE!!! We got there an HOUR before the movie and we still only BARELY managed to get good seats together...

2) Spiderman 3 is NOT really a movie for your two year old. And when they scream and won't stop, please carry them out, stop trying to stifle their cries and keep them in their seats. Especially when they are screaming into the back of my head...

3) Shouting out (just to impress your fellow teenage buddies) "I saw this yesterday and so-and-so DIES!!!" during a crucial part in the movie will make people angry enough to take you out and stone you.

Anyway, it was seriously funny (and a bit entertaining) to see people freaking out over the lack of seats when they arrived just before the movie started. COMMON SENSE would usually be appropriate here. Nuff' said.

--Still no baby. I am beginning to think he doesn't want to come out. And I'm not saying that lightly. I am meeting with the Dr. on Wednesday morning to discuss induction. I am going to push for this Saturday morning. (okay, that was NOT an intended pun!) I guess we'll see what she says! But as swollen and miserable and uncomfortable as I currently am, I actually feel OK. Because I know it will happen this week, one way or another.

Or, at least, it BETTER...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keeping my fingers crossed that it happens soon!

Ann said...

Good luck!!! (Great pun, btw!)

Colin said...

I thought you meant on Saturday just been!!! I was logging on to see if there had been an update.

Ach well - good luck when it happens. :-)

Misty said...

it is a great movie. I loved it too... I have my own funny people story to share, from sm3...
We had an older african american woman behind us who was very verbal and passionate about Spidey. So much so that, at the end of the Jazz club scene, after he dances and has the encounter with MJ, the woman sighs loudly and shouts out "Ohhh Peter, No. NO No NO, Peter. Stop. Please, just look at yourself.".
As annoying as it was, it was hard not to laugh...

Hope your sweet baby changes his mind and makes today the day!

Michelle Miles said...

The "stone" comment cracked me up. Let us know what the dr. says!