Friday, April 27, 2007

Felix Felicis...

...feels like I drank some yesterday! (Only HP fans would understand!) In other words, yesterday was a pretty lucky day.

It sure didn't seem that way. It started out wet and rainy, and continued to be wet and rainy, and the rain literally didn't let up. So I hung around the house. I knew I needed to go to Walmart, because we were out of a few things, but I didn't want to go out in the pouring rain.

THEN, at about 1:30 the rain stopped. Just like that. So I grabbed the opportunity and ran to the store.

Well, I got what I needed, and got a feeling I should swing by the Electronics department (which I casually do every time I go anyway, in the hope that they might have a Nintendo Wii in stock, but they never do, because you can't get them anywhere, apparently, even online, unless you spend insane amounts of money) and so I did, and lo and behold, guess what I found???

A small pile of Nintendo Wiis!!! They had just gotten six in THAT morning, and I immediately called Hubby up and told him what I'd found. (Just so you know, he's been wanting one for a long time for "the kids" but I have a feeling he'd play it too, if given the chance...) So I snatched up a Wii and a couple of games to go with it (pricey little suckers!) and while I was in line, another mom (I'm assuming) gasped and asked me "Where did you find that???" and soon she was behind me in line, clutching her own Wii.

Thing Two's birthday is May 10th, so we figured we'd "unveil" the Wii then.
Oh, and as soon as I got into the car with my purchases, the rain started PELTING down again. But not on me. How Lucky is that? :-)

I figure Nintendo finally made enough Wiis to keep up with supply and demand, and really I didn't get that lucky. But I'd like to think I did!

Now if I could get even luckier and have this baby this weekend...

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Sounds lucky to me! :) Especially since the rain stopped for your shopping excursion. hehe

Ann said...

Uh...good luck this weekend!!!