Friday, July 08, 2005

Editing, Schmedditting...

Lame Joke of the Day:

**previous joke was removed because it was TOO lame...**
So here's a new one:

Q: What do you call a Ballet costume for a one-legged dancer?

A: A One-one.

I did a weird thing last night. I ordered "Amadeus" on pay-per-view. I haven't seen that movie since high school, watching it really brought back memories. It's a VERY well-made movie, and of course, I bawled at the end when they buried him in that mass grave...arrrgh! How completely tragic. But at least we have his music. That will never die...

I spent several hours (until 2am roughly) editing the first three chapters of my novel. I managed to eek in 1000 words, so it was productive. I am one of those writing anomolies who HATES editing. I LOATHE it. Because it's like doing homework--I'm merely "fixing" rather than "creating." I guess you could say that I have a love/hate relationship with Editing.

Sometimes I have great editing sessions. (Like last night.) Sometimes I make no progress at all and I rewrite one sentence fifty times over and still want to bang my head repeatedly on the desk in sheer frustration.
Hmm...maybe it's because I'm an...I don't know...perfectionist?

I just know that my agent has a very discerning eye and he is very nit-picky about grammar and content. So my writing has to be on its "best behavior" if I'm going to send it to him.
I think I'll take a break from editing tonight, and just write.

Thing Three woke up with an 102 degree fever, and a sore throat, so I had the Dr. call in some antibiotics. Thing Two is over his strep/brohchitis, but it looks like we're going to have another weekend down the crapper if Thing Two has it now. Why can't they all have gotten sick at once?

Today is Friday, so I won't post again until Monday (but then again, Hubby is out of town and I might get bored and feel like posting) so we'll see.

Have a good weekend, all!

No comments: