Thursday, March 03, 2005

Fell into a Black Hole...

QUOTE OF THE DAY: When life gives you lemons, squeeze them on people with paper cuts!

I amazed myself yesterday. I wrote over 10,000 words. When I was finished, I looked at the clock and saw that it was nearly 1am, and I had been inside a black hole for five hours straight, except for one "goodnight" phone call from Hubby, who is traveling. Kind of scared myself. I am working on a short story, and I feel compelled to just "get it out" so I can purge it from my brain, and I can concentrate again on my novel. This short story is a welcome diversion, but I'm sure it will be a few more days before I get it out of my system.

I am a little stressed today. It has been placed on my shoulders to "plan" the vacation with the In-laws, and I have no idea where to start. Also my cleaning lady is coming over in an hour and I have to take my boys and "disappear" for three and a half hours, and I never quite know what to do with them, because after about an hour they turn into whining messes because they're "tired of shopping" or "tired of the library" or "tired of driving" etc. UGH.

My boys (ages four and five) are finally starting to become competitive with each other. Problem is, my four year-old is WAY more "physically inclined" than my five year old, which means that in races or games of strength, the four year-old usually kicks his brother's butt.
I had to smile yesterday, I told the boys to go and get dressed for the day, and they decided to race each other up the stairs. They raced, and I heard my four year old exclaim "I won, I won!" and the response from my five year old was classic:

"That's ok. I won too, because Second Place is okay. Fourth place is bad."

Pretty healthy attitude, if you ask me!
Well now I have to get running--today is going to be a looooooooong day...

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Awesome on the short story, Lara! Good luck with your disappearing act. LOL

H.G. Dowdell said...

Get that short story out, Lara. You're a damn fine writer (I've seen a snippet of your book-length YA work). Would love to see an engaging short piece from you real soon!

Georgie

Cassaundra The Magnanimous said...

*chuckle..I'm there with ya hon, I know how boys can be..hmm..makes me miss the little midgets! Cheers!

Cassaundra The Magnanimous said...

*chuckle..I'm there with ya hon, I know how boys can be..hmm..makes me miss the little midgets! Cheers!