Friday, February 17, 2012

My Boys are DOIN' LAUNDRY.

I have three boys. And I'll be danged when they leave this house if they don't know how to take care of themselves.

I am an impatient person. I get frustrated when people do things slowly. Not exactly the best trait to have as a mother. Slow tying the shoes? Don't worry, I will jump in and finish. S-L-O-W-L-Y folding the clothes? I will take over.

Shame on me. I've had an epiphany of sorts recently. I don't want my boys to go off to college and have their roommates HATE them because they're "those" boys--you know, the ones whose mamas did everything for them and they can't clean a dish or pick up anything. Nope. Not my boys.

My boys are learning how do wash their own clothes, cook basic food, and CLEAN STUFF. My boys will not be "those" boys.

It will be hard, because I'm an impatient teacher, but I need to do it. It would be a huge disservice to them if I didn't.

This week has been quiet--Hubby is gone Sunday to Sunday. I'm ready for him to be back home. Even though his absence has made it easier to watch my Grey's Anatomy episodes on Netflix into the wee hours of the morning. Ha ha!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, for your boys, AND for their future girlfriends and wives!

:)

Michelle Miles said...

That's what I'm doing too - making my boy learn to do laundry and a whole bunch of chores around the house for "commission". He gets a dollar for every weekly chore completed. I think it's good for him. When he gets a little older, he's going to mow the yard. LOL