Thursday, September 02, 2010

SOCCER! And Dehydration...(because of sneaky five-year olds!!)

Soccer practices started last night. I only have one Thing in soccer this year. :-( But at least he's super excited about it.

One thing I didn't count on, the HEAT. This soccer coach is a big believer in conditioning, and he had those boys running all around the field, dropping for pushups, drills, etc. etc. Thing Three was DYING, I could tell, but he was pushing hard to impress the coach.

Cut to the asst. coach's five-year old son, who was supposed to "sit nicely" while his dad coached, gleefully drinking from then EMPTYING OUT MY SON'S WATER BOTTLE INTO THE GRASS. I saw him doing it, and I was so engrossed in the conversation with the other soccer moms, I didn't really realize exactly what he was doing, until the boys had a water break and my son was looking all around for his water bottle. We found it, empty, thrown in the bushes to "hide the crime." My son was devastated. I had no other water. The other boys had just chugged all theirs (not like I'd ask them to share, ew!) Luckily there was only 15 minutes left in the practice. I told him to hang tough and bless him, he did. I took him to the nearest Chick-fil-a and got him a large water, and dinner, for the rest of the family.

You can bet at tonight's practice we will have a large chilled gatorade, AND a water bottle! And a BAG to hide them in. ;-) Can't blame the five-year old. He was just lashing out at his dad leaving him all alone and making him "be good." I'd do something sneaky like that too.

And yes, for those of you who are worried that I truly WON'T take my toddler out in public again (see previous post) no worries, I was just kidding. I do that a lot in my posts. Take everything I say (especially when I'm complaining about my children) with a grain of salt. It's called an attempt at humor. And sometimes I fall flat. ;-)

Although I WILL say I was a little mortified when Thing Four (who is THREE years old, remember) told the lady at the checkout the other day, when she asked him how he was doing:

"When I push my poopies out into the potty, my mom is going to buy me some LEGOS!!!"

**sigh**

1 comment:

Devon Ellington said...

Your posts are hilarious; if someone is too literal, it's not YOUR problem, it says more about the reader than you.