Thursday, February 05, 2009

I'm in Heaven.

I've discovered the yummiest jam on the planet--that you can buy at the store, anyway. I am a HUGE fan of Rhubarb, and an even bigger fan of Strawberry/Rhubarb. So you can imagine my glee when I saw this jam on the store shelf yesterday. Thing One shares my Rhubarb enthusiasm, and we had this on buttered english muffins this morning. *sigh* Very tasty.

Okay, I have to laugh at all these “Better Than Botox” ads that are on webpages, hotmail, etc. I'm sure you've seen them. They show a picture of this haggard lady who seriously could apply for a job as The Mummy/Crypt Keeper, and suddenly, the ad scrolls over and every wrinkle is gone, and the Crypt Keeper has been replaced with a dewy 20-year old with nary a line on her face. In other words, if you look like an 80-something Crypt Keeper, you too can look like a dewy 20-something year old INSTANLY with "Better Than Botox."

HILARIOUS!!! I highly doubt there is a cream in existence that works THAT well.

Guess I have to slam a product when I promote one, right?

I figured out what to do about my story. I am going to just FINISH the story, and see where my word count ends up. Then I will make the decision whether or not to chop it into two books. I think it will end up in two, but we'll see. I want my hero/heroine to have to WORK and have ANGST for a bit before there is a resolution. :-D

Woke up with a horrible headache this morning. Excedrin Migraine did it in very nicely. Now I need to get ink and paper and valentines and candy, for the kids's classes. Because, a simple paper valentine doesn't "cut it" anymore. You have to have a "treat" with it now. UGH.

It's Thursday!

3 comments:

Aimee said...

That jam sounds super yummy...maybe I will take that trip to Amsterdam in April?

Anonymous said...

The "cream" is called Photoshop, right?

The jam sounds good.

And great news about the novel!

Jennifer said...

I didn't know you liked rhubarb. It's Sean's favorite. I'm off the the store!