Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One of These Things Is Not Like the Other...

Hmmm, can you spot the difference? I'll give you a hint. One jar of peanut butter was bought a month ago, and another jar was bought yesterday. Sure, one is "Reduced Fat" and one isn't, but there's ANOTHER difference.

Yeah, a size difference. However, the PRICE is the same. The scary thing is, I didn't really notice how much smaller the new peanut butter was until I saw the other nearly empty jar.

I've blogged about this before. We have shrinking cereal boxes, icecream cartons and bags of chips. Apparently peanut butter is now biting the dust. Instead of raising prices, the companies are simply downsizing their products. Somehow this just seems wrong. Especially when you have four kids and a jar of peanut butter won't last as long as it used to...

We got about seven inches of snow last night, but it was fine and powdery (because it's DANG COLD OUTSIDE!!!) so it was an easy snowblowing job this morning. I have DirecTV guys here, (the RIGHT ones, who WON'T be drilling holes in my house!) and so I'm sequestered in this morning for a while. The cable prices have gone up so much, it just seemed logical to go for DirecTV. It's HALF the price I'm paying for cable television. Sad.

Okay, I don't want to end on a depressing note, so have a happy day all!

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

It's getting more expensive to live, isnt' it? Sucks.

I have DirecTV and love it. :)

Anonymous said...

They're doing it with coffee. You used to be able to buy a pound of coffee, then it was 12 ounces, now it's ten. Ten ounces doesn't even last me a week.