Thursday, August 07, 2008

I FINISHED THE NOVEL!

Yes, at 1:40 a.m. this morning, I wrote "The End." I was sore and in pain and tired, but it was a GREAT feeling!

I wrote 6000 words last night, in four hours. I wanted to give in around 11pm, but then I just kept on going. Scenes I had played out in my head for weeks just slid out, and two of my characters surprised me a bit (so I had to come to a compromise with them.) But all is well.

Final word count: 66,171.

I slept like a baby.

Hubby comes home today, and the house is...well...I won't describe it. The words "Level 1 Cyclone" come to mind...

Hey, I was writing! Now I get to take the Writing Hat off and put on the Cleaning Hat...my least favorite...

4 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

WOOHOO!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Amy said...

WAHOODLES! Congrats. Isn't that the best feeling EVER?

Lowa said...

CONGRATS! That is AWESOME!

I was up until almost five o'clock READING a book. I only put it down because I was shocked at the time. I wasn't tired and it still took me a while to get to sleep.

I imagine WRITING a book is a lot more draining than reading one??

Exactly. Don't worry about your house. There are more important things. I know how you feel though! Three of my four kids are at my parents' in Canada and I have cleaned a lot and the house looks great. I need to enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't be long once they get back! LOL

Devon Ellington said...

Awesome.

You Rock!

The writing is more important than the cleaning -- the dirt won't go anywhere, the ideas will leave if you don't catch them.