Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Friday??

Status: Kidnapped by aliens.

(Or at least it feels that way. Where did the week go?)

Hubby almost didn't make it home last night, he was on a straight flight from NYC to Milwaukee, and they got diverted JUST as they were trying to land, to Illinois, because the Milwaukee Airport got shut down due to snow. Poor Hubby had to endure SIX hours on an airplane, when he should have only had two and a half.

It was crazy weather. The sun was out, the skies were clear, and an hour later, it became cloudy, and we got two inches of snow, like THAT. Crazy.

I have to cart Thing Four to the dr. this morning. His cough has settled into his chest, and he has a fever. Okay. Seriously, didn't we just do this a few weeks ago? SHEESH!
The Dr. told me that the average kid gets about 15 colds a year. That's 200+ days of being sick! Gross.

Hubby scored some sweet Packers Playoff game tickets for tomorrow, but we can't go because we'd be leaving our sick kids with a sitter for about twelve hours. And what if something happened to them? We'd be stuck at Lambeau, a couple of hours away.
Nope, I would rather watch the game on the big screen from the comfort of my own home, and snuggle with the kiddos. That's what happens, the more kids you have, I guess. There are worse things.

Thing Four is watching The Wiggles as I type this. He's clappng his hands and giggling/coughing/snorting/choking. Poor thing. Hubby thinks the Wiggles are creepy. He doesn't get the whole "grown men performing for children" thing. The ones that creep me out are the "Doodlebops. I guess I'm more in awe of them. They wear about 3 inches of makeup, and jump around and never seem to break a sweat. The power of editing, I guess!

Okay, I am rambling. This post is more like a "stream of consciousness" post. I did get a bunch of pages edited last night before Hubby got home. I plan to finish this weekend, if I can. If not, then certainly by next week. Woo hoo!

Have a great weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

Lowa said...

Poor little Thing Four:( I took Clown and Princess to the Wiggles Live about five years ago and they LOVED IT. They were about 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 at the time. Was pretty cute:) I kind of know what hubby means about them, but still, the kids love them.

I have not heard of the other things up mentioned. One thing my kids were never allowed to watch was "Teletubbies". I managed to somehow make it so they never even knew they existed. They saw a few toys in the stores and once Princess asked what they there, but that was it.

We must just be blessed in the sickness area. Even though our kids are involved in sports and church etc, they don't get nearly as sick as some other kids. Maybe the Homeschooling?? Not sure, because they are still out and about and exposed to a lot. Hope that poor baby feels better soon! He is so young to be sick like that:(

Have a great weekend!

Michelle Miles said...

The Doodlebops creep me out too! I can't stand to watch them.

Poor baby. Hope he gets well soon!

Anonymous said...

Actually, it's the power of the make-up crew in between takes. Remember, each take is only a few seconds long. When you see someone sweat on camera, make-up's usually added it. Otherwise, they spend a lot of time keeping performers sweat-free.

Hope everyone gets better soon.

Devon Ellington -- Blogger won't let me sign in with Word Press today.

Ann said...

Those Wiggles absolutely kill me - what will they think of next!!!

Hope Thing 4 feels better soon.