Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer Soccer....

I've never had this before. Usually I just have one of two of my Things in Soccer. This time around, I have all three of them. Granted, they are having a blast, and I'm happy for them, but I'm already getting a little worn out. I'm sure there are other moms out there who have husbands who are unavailable to help (either traveling or they work later than practice) and I wonder if they are going through the same thing.

Tomorrow's practice should be interesting. Thing Two's soccer practice begins at 5:30, so I'll drop him off at the school field and then drive Thing One to her practice at the other fields at 5:45, then Thing Three's practice begins at another field at 6pm. I'll watch him for a little while, then run back to the school fields to gather up Thing Two (he's done at 6:30) and then back to the other fields to pick up both Things One and Three at 7pm. Then we'll go home and have a late dinner. WHEW! This is every Tuesday and Thursday. But Wednesday Thing Two has a practice at the fields. He's the odd one out.

THEN we have all three in games every Saturday. THREE SOCCER GAMES EVERY SATURDAY. I've gotten the schedules and so far we don't have any crossover, just different locations--which will be tricky. I told Hubby we'd just have to split up and divide and conquer.

Poor little Thing Four. He's only going to have to go everywhere with us. But I've already talked to some of the moms on Thing One's team, and we're starting a carpool. Thank heaven she has four of her best girlfriends from school on her team. So we all know each other and know where we live. That should make things easier.

Now I just need to coordinate SNACKS.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow. You really are a suburban soccer mom now! Hang in there!!!

Lowa said...

YIPES!

Your blog is certainly aptly named:)

Have fun!

Michelle Miles said...

But ain't it fun?? ;)

HEEEEEEEEEEEY - I'm a soccer mom too... but I only have one Thing. LOL

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! Every night I'm at a ballfield of some sort, until at least 8:45 pm.

Tuesday was a real nightmare: Drop B2 off at Pointe Class at 5 pm, run home, get B4 (football) and B3 (softball) for their practice at 6 pm, B4 can't find his cup (which to me is just as important as a helmet if you know what I mean), find cup after 15 minutes of frantic searching, drop them off at 5:45 pm, zoom back and pick up B2 from class, take her home, pick up B1, take him to basketball practice at 7 pm, drive back and pick up B4 and B3 from practice around 8:15 pm, drive by Music store, rent 1 trumpet and 1 violin, drive over to pick up B1 at 9 pm from practice.

After that, it's finish up the homework, showers, pack lunches and off to bed. Gawd! At least I don't have an infant to lug around. Those car seats get HEAVY!