Monday, November 20, 2006

It SUNNED!!!

Okay, yes, thank you-- I'm aware that "Sunned" is not a word. Thing Three coined that phrase this weekend. Why?
Sunday was GORGEOUS...the sun came out, and it shined all day, and the sky was blue with puffy white clouds.
(Thing One couldn't resist singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" every five minutes until I had to threaten her with pain to get her to cease and desist)
It was freezing cold, but it was sunny. And today the sun is out too, it's streaming over my face as I type this. WOO HOO!

I fully expect Craziness to ensue this week...the In Laws decided to come for Thanksgiving last minute (as in YESTERDAY) and so I have roughly today and tomorrow before they Descend. Not that I'm stressed or wanting to yank my hair out in frustration or anything. I'm always up for a challenge. Luckily I have today off, so I can run around like a head with my chicken cut off for one day, and then pace myself tomorrow. And yes, that switch about the chicken was intentional.

We saw "Happy Feet" this weekend, and although the middle was a tad weird, it was a good movie. Hubby and I have to keep reminding ourselves that we are ADULTS watching a movie geared for LITTLE KIDS so there are going to be some "far-fetched" storylines.

The only freak-out for me was Elijah Wood as Mumble (I've always been freaked out by Elijah Wood, ever since LOTR, so watching his face come out as a talking fuzzy penguin didn't help much in the Freakish Department) but everything else was very cleverly done.

But the HARRY POTTER TRAILER was awesome! Granted, it went WAYYYY too fast for me and when it was over I was like "That's IT? I'VE BEEN ROBBED!!!" but other than that, it was pretty cool. A Teaser if you will. But it looks like it's shaping up to be a good movie. (Although all my harping on Dan Radcliffe to cut his hair has backfired, he finally did and now he looks TWELVE again. Careful what you wish for, right?)

Ooh, the clock is ticking. Time for Craziness! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lara said...

*Giggle* Deep down I'm relieved because I'm going to make HER stuff the Turkey! Ha ha ha ha!!!
;-)

Michelle Miles said...

I feel so honored that you sent me a nice long email during all your craziness :) Take it easy, mamma, and don't overdo it.

We saw Flushed Away and I loved it! Baby refused to see Happy Feet because it's a "singing" movie. It's a no in his department.