Friday, July 14, 2006

OMGosh it's HOT!!!

100 degrees yesterday. And its supposed to be over 100 the next few days. Thank heaven I can go from my air conditioned house to my air conditioned car to an air conditioned store, etc. We are so spoiled by technology.
Speaking of which, I am becoming addicted to Bejeweled Deluxe 2. That haunting music, the clinking of the gems into place, the sound of the mega-gem you get when you get five in a row...it is so soothing and a great way to get rid of writer's block. But highly addictive, I must say!

Hubby and I have a competition of sorts going--who can get the highest score. Of course he beats my butt every time, but I am NEVER going to admit defeat willingly. ;-) I choose the Endless Game option, and relax and just clink away. It is very therapeutic.
I was turned on to Bejeweled years ago, when it was a two-dimensional nothing game. Now its pretty cool. My kids love it too. Bejeweled rocks!

This will be a busy weekend. Hubby and I will be out of town, and it will be nice to get away from the kids for a couple of days, because when we return we'll have missed them. And where we're going, it's not going to be as hot as here (I don't think) so it will be a nice break from the heat as well.

I got bored with my Victorian Era novel. Too much description of surroundings and little action. It has been very educational as far as history, but the plot has gotten lost among the frequent info dumps. So I have shelved it for now. It's too bad when writers feel they must bog the reader down with description, and the story gets lost. You have to find the perfect balance, especially when you're writing historical fiction.

Speaking of which, I feel pretty good with the direction I'm taking EMMA AND FINN. Right now, he's catching her up on 70 years of world history. She thinks it's pretty cool...especially the Internet. What a great invention!

Have a happy & safe weekend, All!

5 comments:

Lowa said...

Bejeweled Deluxe, eh?? Where does one find this game?? It is on-line??

Have a great weekend away!!

Lara said...

You can get it here: (paste the link into your browser)

http://www.download-free-games.com/puzzle_game_download/bejeweled2.htm

Watch out--addictive!!

Lowa said...

Thanks for the link. I am going to hold off for a while, I am addicted to enough stuff as it is:) I will keep it handy, in case I ever get a chance to play it.

Just watched Darby O'Gill twice in a row. The three younger kids have not seen it yet. I need to get really good at remembering where the Banshee is so I can make them shut their eyes and FF through that part.

Unknown said...

I pretty much blame Bejeweled to all failed tests/assignments/papers while at BYU.

DAMN YOU BEJEWELED!!!!!

Michelle Miles said...

I've never played. Maybe I should...but then again, I have enough distraction in my life! LOL

Hope you had a great/safe weekend!