Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Under the Weather...

Yesterday was awful. Just awful. Sunday night I made Penne with Italian sausage, and there must have been something wrong with the sausage. Very shortly afterwards, I started feeling like I was going to die. LITERALLY. And then, Things two and three were up all night getting sick (twice in their beds, UGH) and Hubby had to take care of them, and me.

Hubby had to stay home from work and take care of me yesterday, while I was in bed, in total agony. I couldn't stand up, my entire body was in pain and feverish, I haven't had it this bad in three years.
Hubby was a good sport, he made meals, bathed the kids, dressed them, picked them up from school, waited on me, etc.

This morning, I woke up about 5am, and nothing. I was absolutely fine. Weird.

Clearly, since I spent the last 36 hours curled up in a fetal position, I didn't get any writing done. I plan to knock out the second chapter today, and finish some research for the Other novel. Luckily Things Two and Three are fine as well, so they'll be in school.

Hubby and Thing One never got sick. Not even a little bit. And they ate everything we did. Go figure.

We've had an offer on our house in Wisconsin. Can I tell you how excited I am? That #@&*(!! house has been a thorn in my side ever since we moved up here. Paying double everything really stinks. And we've been doing it for FIVE MONTHS.

I'm not working out today. I still feel a little weak. But it will be back to normal tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lowa said...

Wow! That sounds horrible. I am so glad you are feeling better.

I never realised you had not sold the other house. We were in a situation like that too, sure is a relief to have one mortgage payment, let me tell you!

Happy writing!