Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Successful Night!

Quote of the Day: Did you hear about the dyslexic, agnostic insomniac who stays up all night wondering if there really is a Dog?

Whew, I was ON FIRE last night. (And no, I am only referring to my Novel, and the fact that I cranked out 5,000 words, and edited what I already had (which took several hours) to make it cohesive.)
The grand result: I finally broke out of the whole "I-Can't-Get-Past-The-Third-Chapter-Thing," and that is a major accomplishment for me.
I tapped away into the wee hours of the morning, high on Starbucks Low-fat Latte Icecream and Barq's Rootbeer (lethal combination between you and me, I got in bed at 2am and lay there WIDE awake for at least another hour, playing my novel in my head) and I think I have finally...finally gotten re-excited about this storyline.
I knew I couldn't really spend an inordinate amount of time on the Scottish story, so I outlined it from start to finish, to at least get the finer points down so I won't forget them. Now I am plowing full steam ahead on ELLIE, and I'm determined to get at least the bare bones of it completed by July.
I like the whole "Spinning/Writing Thing." It works for me. I always wrote better under pressure when I was in College. It was a weird phenomenon: If I took the time to do a paper, and wrote it way before it was due, my writing was always mediocre, compared to when I stayed up all night long the night before it was due and wrote the whole thing in a few hours. I almost always got "A's" when I did that.

Well, must run; lots to do today, and if I don't tackle those dishes in the sink right now (I put them off because I was "on a roll" with my writing yesterday), they are going to rise up out of the sink on their own steam and attack someone. Seriously.

2 comments:

Michelle Miles said...

Hooray! Congrats on your writing accomplishment. Hmm.. maybe I need to get some of that ice cream to help me out of the doldrums. ;)

Ann said...

What an opening sentence!