Saturday, February 12, 2005

An Out-of-character Rant...

WARNING: MAJOR RANT! Stop reading now while you have the chance!

You know when you have one of those days when something not particularly sensational irks the absoulute crap out of you? I had one a few days ago. Usually it takes a lot to make me mad or disgusted. That said...

I never watch MTV anymore. I think it was literally part of my daily diet when I was in middle school, but I outgrew it and moved on.
So, I was flipping channels the other night, and stumbled onto the show on MTV called “Newlyweds” which (as you all probably already know) chronicles daily snippets of life for married celebrities Nick Lachey and Jessica Simpson.

I only caught the last 15 minutes of the show (which I had never seen before previously) and by the time it was over I was so disgusted, I had to go brush my teeth. Now excuse me while I go write to the Pope and tell him why Nick Lachey is an excellent candidate for Sainthood...

Okay. I’m back now. The letter is in the mail.
Now, I don’t know Nick Lachey personally, and until a couple of nights ago, I had never seen his show “Newlyweds” or anything else that involved him. But after watching 15 minutes of that show, my blood was BOILING. Boiling I tell you. Why?

My hat is off to Mr. Lachey because he puts up with his out-of-touch-with-reality-prima donna wife, Jessica Simpson, THAT’S why. The poor guy. I have to give him big snaps because apparently he knew what he was getting into when he married her, and he still married her. So it must have been love, because if I pulled the materialistic crap on my husband that she does on him, I’d probably be a divorcee right now.

I had no opinion of Jessica Simpson before I watched that 15 minutes of her show. Now I am convinced that someone needs to hire a hit man to turn her over his knee and give her a good spanking, I mean, OH MY HELL!
On the part of the “Newlyweds” show that I watched, apparently Nick and Jessica were trying to train their new puppy, Daisy. (They had hired swanky in-home trainers to assist them of course) But that’s not what made me crazy. What made me crazy is this:

Daisy, as most puppies eventually do, was growing out of her carrier. Her Louis Vuitton Carrier. Now, I admit, Louis Vuitton has very nice stuff. But I just can’t see dropping six thousand dollars on a carrier for a dog. I mean, it’s a dog for hell's sake!
I watched, eyes bulging in disbelief as I heard and saw the conversation that ensued between the two of them: (not exact, I’m paraphrasing)

Jessica: Well, we need to get another carrier, and it HAS to be Louis Vuitton.”
Nick: (sounding disgusted) The dog isn’t going to know the difference between Louis Vuitton and something else!
Jessica: (in a whiny voice) Yes she will, she’s used to Louis Vuitton and she will know the difference. It's what she's used to. We have to go to Louis Vuitton!

So they enter the Louis Vuitton Store, and Nick says to her “go ahead, you’re in your element.” She proceeds to find a salesman (who I swear was slobbering at the prospect of waiting on them) and they find a larger carrier, (with an even heftier price tag) and of course, Jessica, clearly not one to go Half Way, must have a Louis Vuitton Leash and Dog collar to boot.
Cut to Nick, who is shaking his head and he says something like “It’s sad when the stuff for the dog costs more than the dog.”

I had to stop watching after that. I couldn’t believe how unbelievably materialistic and SPOILED Jessica Simpson is. GAG.
I will concede that my hubby and I can be materialistic at times too. We recently bought a very nice purebred puppy--but I WILL say that we tote him around in a $15 black carrier I got at Walmart. And guess what? He doesn't even care, because after all, he is JUST A DOG. Dogs do NOT know the difference between an over-priced carrier and a cheap one.
UGH. I guess I just need to get over it. But I will say I have no respect for Jessica Simpson. Heaven help her if she and her husband ever lost their money and had to live like normal people.

Nick, hang in there buddy, and best of luck with that spoiled rotten wife of yours, because you will NEED IT.

1 comment:

dana said...

Ha ha, dont you sometimes want to punch her in the head. I mean not really but wow. That man has soooo much love for her to live with that everyday!