Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Gas Woes.

I am super jealous of my one friend, Michelle, who has a Prius. I mean, it gets 40+ miles to the gallon! Then there's my gas-guzzling monster, the Sequoia, which gets...drumroll please...a whopping 14. (**Lara hangs head in shame**)

I had to get gas in North Carolina today, because silly me, I forgot to fill up after we got home from the beach and I was headed for the carpool line when my gas light went on. After dropping off Thing Four, I drove to the nearest gas station and filled up. Eighty dollars. EIGHTY DOLLARS. For one fill-up! And it wasn't even a completely empty tank!

Hubby suggested we get a smaller SUV, but we need the 8 seats. And none of the big SUV's are exactly gas sippers, if you know what I mean.

So, I am thinking of all the moms out there, who like me, drive their kids everywhere. School, Sports practices, games, activities, and on top of all that, run errands. And then there are the moms who drive to work ON TOP of these things. I can only wonder how these sky high gas prices are affecting them.

Let's not stop there--I think this is affecting everyone. They are saying gas will be $5 a gallon by summer.

Time to tighten the belts a little, non?

No comments: